Friday, July 22, 2011

Blast from the Past: CANVAS??

Heyyo.  So now that I'm back in Florida for an undetermined duration, I decided I'd make some Florida type things to sell in the local galleries.  That means no drawing dogs being f-ed in the a or broad's backsides, BUT it does mean lots of fish! 

Here's what I got so far:


That's right it's on a canvas!  I used to use acrylics a lot, so it's not too bad of a transition from what I've been doing lately.  It's kind of liberating actually.  And huge (what Floridian wouldn't want a giant painting of fish hanging above their turquoise leather sofa??).  There will be many more fishes added as well. 

Also, looking for jobs around here has been tough.  I talked to a bunch of Pine Island seasoned-veterans last night, and they all told me to move my beautiful self to New York where I can be with other young people (however to move there I need to get a steady job in addition to my freelance, but can't afford to move there until I get a job ....a big circle catch-22 conundrum!).

So that's where I'm at right now.  OH! And I have a full-page illustration being published in the upcoming issue of Electric Vehicles Magazine.  Check it out on magazine stands soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment