Saturday, October 23, 2010

Dogs and Fleas

Been starting on some more personal work!  The only time-consuming project I have this weekend is to write a screen play, so I figured I'd make some art on my own.  I haven't come up with anything brilliant for the script yet, but thought continuing with some artwork could keep the creative juices flowing.

 I'm making a series of images revolving around African Wild Dogs, but more on that later.  Here's the beginnings of the first one!  Right now it's just inked, but I scanned it in to save it in b/w to possibly use for something else in the future.  I'm going to add some color and environment and whatnot, maybe some text too.




Then there's this lovely work of art!  It was an in-class assignment for Editorial.  We each chose a celebrity to do a caricature of, and had to finish it before class was over.  When we were done, we were asked to drop it into a surprise template.  I did Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers with ink, gouache, acrylic, and a tiny but of watercolor.  Not too bad for a 2-hour assignment!


   

Tonight at the River Club is the Savannah debut of the Unchained Tour! (Visit  http://theunchainedtour.org/ for details, all donations help keep local book stores in business!) Tickets are $15 and the show starts at 8 pm.  There will be live music, storytellers, and performers of all sorts, all coming out of a giant bus painted by SIC!  If you really don't want to pay the $15, there's a free after party at the director's apartment at 10:30 pm!  Call or email me for details.

        

1 comment:

  1. <3 the wild dog! the caricature is great, too. i think you've definitely got it with this inking style!

    ReplyDelete